Growin to Harvesting

Moderators: chilliman64, Wilf, Kathy

Mustafa Chilli
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Re: Growing under lights

Post by Mustafa Chilli »

Hi ChilliJez

Heefy wanted some photos of the therapy light. I did wonder why, and took an age to find the leads as I hadn't used my camera since last year.

I do recommend a therapy light (link to it in previous message.) I originally purchased mine from Maplins, but returned it when I found a 2nd hand one on ebay. Although identical, the one I have has a slight hum. I am sensitive to sound, so it started to annoy me. But for most people, they wouldn't notice it. I have since upgraded to T5 lights (the last pic in the 4 above)

Now I have found the leads, I will take some photos of this years crop as most of them are now in a vitopod, and doing rather well.

If I had more space, and fewer cats, I would set up the therapy lamp in another room.

Paul

Mustafa Chilli
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by Mustafa Chilli »

[quote="ChilliJez"]Not sure what the first 3 show but that last image looks like a very tidy set up. I'll watch with interest.[/quote]

Here's a breakdown on the last photo
http://imageshack.com/a/img901/2773/yulHzx.jpg

The bricks were 40p each from B&Q. I needed them to raise the stand up from the ground.
The stand is a Root!tR Grow Light System which I purchased from Harrod Horticultural
http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/root ... d8544.html as they were the cheapest that I could find for that model.

The only downside to that, is that it is not high enough, hence the bricks.

The 4x T5 lights were from ebay. I swapped it with the one that came with the stand. The 3 larger plants that were in that photo are now under the single T5 light. By doing that, I could lower the 4x nearer to the smaller plants.

Leif
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by Leif »

I have some daylight balanced 30W CFL bulbs lying around, 150W equivalent, I don't like the blue cast so they are not used. Would one of these be of any use with one or more seedlings?

Garranath

Post by Garranath »

I use LED with red and blue(both wavelengths). It cost me about 60Pence to run it for 12hours. £3 for the light bulb. My Carolina Reaper is flowering already in January (germinated it in June).

snagglepuss
Hot Head
Hot Head

Post by snagglepuss »

[quote="Garranath"]I use LED with red and blue(both wavelengths). It cost me about 60Pence to run it for 12hours. £3 for the light bulb. My Carolina Reaper is flowering already in January (germinated it in June).[/quote]

what lights are you using

Garranath

Post by Garranath »

At the moment one "Enjoydeal Brand New Superior Bright 60LED Red Blue Hydroponic Plant Grow Light" I got off amazon

Bealy

Post by Bealy »

I started this year with two T5 lights, the cool blue types and have switched too a 600w HPS now they are moving on a lot quicker, however needed to add a fan and dehumidifier as the subjects were initially struggling in the grow room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk