Dave's Insanity Sauce

Anything edible with chilli

Moderators: Kathy, Wilf, chilliman64

danmon_81

Dave's Insanity Sauce

Post by danmon_81 »

Ok it doesnt appear to be here so i'll start a thread:

Bought a bottle of this thinking 'that'll be ridiculously hot but tasty'.....well the 1st part was true.
This sauce is insane, even a small amount blows your mouth apart...but thats where it ends.

Taste - Acrid, bitter and very unpleasant as a stand alone sauce. I think its extract based.
It is expensive (around £5)
On the up side it will 'perk' up a mild sauce or power up a chilli-con carne with a few drops....i add it to my Cholula sauces to add a kick.

Conclusion - i wont buy this again...i think this bottle will last a while in the fridge...it is a good party piece for the 'i can eat hot things' people :mrgreen: :evil:

Dan
ChilliAlex

Re: Dave's Insanity Sauce

Post by ChilliAlex »

Agreed, really really hot.

Smells amazing like fresh Naga pods

But tastes metallic to me and overpowers anything I put it on.
SNAKEBITE

Post by SNAKEBITE »

I did exactly the same and was disapointed.

If you like that then try the Headhunter sauce from Chillipepper Pete (Reviewed below) it is soooo much better and cheaper!!
lfcmike

Post by lfcmike »

i think i've said it before but......i'd rather lick piss off a thistle than try it again :lol:
MightyGusset

Post by MightyGusset »

I've got a bottle of his 2006 'Private Reserve' sauce.
It's really only for 'Out Hotting' everybody else - it doesn't have a pleasant flavour.
The thing is, in order to get the heat it's made from concentrated extract, so you lose all of the subtle flavours that make chillies nice to eat.
Super hot chilli sauces have their place - even if it's only to demonstrate that a milder, but still very hot chilli sauce can still be pleasant to eat.
Kieran

Post by Kieran »

on xmas day, i mixed loads of it in with my mash.
My god it was wonderfull :P
Kieran

Post by Kieran »

chugo wrote:
Kieran wrote:on xmas day, i mixed loads of it in with my mash.
My god it was wonderfull :P
Ouch! :shock:
It dident burn. Well. i did have a few vodkas. so perhaps it was that :lol:
endorphine
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by endorphine »

I got brought some 2nd assult and it was foul, yes it had a burn but it tasted so so bitter. am now just using in pot noodles to get rid of it, when at work! :shock:
Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Spashed a good quarter of the bottle onto a mini pizza and some Fritters.
A warm heat, but nothing big. But now my arse is burning :lol:
Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Noticed that asda don't stock this anymore.

proberly wasent selling that well. ohh well :lol:
ads0282

Post by ads0282 »

Still got a quarter of a bottle of this stuff left in my fridge. You're right, it tastes grim but adds dimension to a bland mild curry.....hence I've put an order in for some 'Satans ****'....
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Well Dave was the first to have an extract hot sauce on the market.
I don't know if it's just that I got used to the (bitter/extract) taste, but I really like this sauce.
But I didn't like coffee or marmite at first too, and now... well, coffee you can buy in every Supermarket, but hey, try getting Marmite in Germany or Austria ;)

For those who like a milder (and therefore not that bitter) sauce with the same taste, I recommend the Temporary Insanity Hot Sauce.

It's really sad that with all the other extract hot sauces that are on the market, Dave's is much harder to get.
JamesKeith

Post by JamesKeith »

What's the website to buy this?

There is another Insanity sauce, not sure if the same - usually sold here by Grim Reaper: http://www.yumbles.com/table-sauces/

There is also another similar Bhut Jolokia by Capsicana
Shep
Seedling
Seedling

Post by Shep »

JamesKeith wrote:What's the website to buy this?

There is another Insanity sauce, not sure if the same - usually sold here by Grim Reaper: http://www.yumbles.com/table-sauces/

There is also another similar Bhut Jolokia by Capsicana
Hot Headz would be where I'd look. You'll find much nicer sauces on there too - Dave's Insanity really isn't that nice.

The only extract sauces by Grim Reaper are Evil One and Evil Twin. Evil One is a great sauce. You can never totally get rid of the extract taste but he does a pretty good job. I haven't opened my bottle of Evil Twin yet.
TheLargeOne

Post by TheLargeOne »

Shep wrote:
The only extract sauces by Grim Reaper are Evil One and Evil Twin. Evil One is a great sauce. You can never totally get rid of the extract taste but he does a pretty good job. I haven't opened my bottle of Evil Twin yet.
:lol: i'm too scared to open evil twin :oops:
TheLargeOne

Post by TheLargeOne »

a real good extract sauce was done by Phil at Dartmoor chilli farm
think it was devils tor or something like that but was very limited as he, like me only likes using natural heat rather than extract but was a very flavoursome sauce which packed a punch

Daves insanity is only good for driveway oil spills and toilet cleaner IMHO