Blair's Ultra Death Sauce, Dave's Insanity "Ghost Pepper" Sauce, Mad Dog 357 "Ghost Pepper" Hot Sauce

Anything edible with chilli

Moderators: Kathy, chilliman64, Wilf

craig

Re: Blair's Ultra Death Sauce, Dave's Insanity "Ghost Pepper" Sauce, Mad Dog 357 "Ghost Pepper" Hot Sauce

Post by craig »

Shep wrote:It's place is to add heat in a measured amount.

I'm not a huge fan of extract as it's difficult to hide the taste however.
Another option might be from these guys:
http://www.chilliwizards.co.uk/naga-jol ... -563-p.asp
It'd work out cheaper than Dave's, without any extract involved.

Does anyone have any experience of them?

£16 per kg of 1 million SHU Ghost Pepper + £3.50 shipping looks to be the best option so far.
Ben123
Hot Head
Hot Head

Re: Blair's Ultra Death Sauce, Dave's Insanity "Ghost Pepper" Sauce, Mad Dog 357 "Ghost Pepper" Hot Sauce

Post by Ben123 »

They list this as ghost peppers but then say they're capsicum annuum, which ghost peppers are not. Annuums typically get no where near the schovilles they're quoting. Maybe give them a ring to clarify, but it seems a bit cheap to be true.

Also says in the description they're blended with natural citric acid, but the ingredients.list acetic acid. Maybe it's a copy paste error but worth clarifying.
craig

Post by craig »

Ben123 wrote:They list this as ghost peppers but then say they're capsicum annuum, which ghost peppers are not. Annuums typically get no where near the schovilles they're quoting. Maybe give them a ring to clarify, but it seems a bit cheap to be true.

Also says in the description they're blended with natural citric acid, but the ingredients.list acetic acid. Maybe it's a copy paste error but worth clarifying.
Well spotted! Each of their mashes has the same errors. I think it's probably safe to say that there's no citric acid involved and that Capsicum Annnum was pasted in error from their Cayenne pepper mash, to the other descriptions.
Ben123
Hot Head
Hot Head

Post by Ben123 »

If it's legit that's a lot of heat for the price! :)
craig

Post by craig »

Ben123 wrote:If it's legit that's a lot of heat for the price! :)
Yeah, looks exactly like what I'm looking for. No extracts or unecessary additives involved either. Aside from growing my own, I'm not going to do any better.

They deliver free via their ebay store front too, so I'll just try out a litre for starters. It should last me over a month and gets my chilli budget under 50p per day.

I'll try to remember to post up a review after I've given it a run out.

Thanks to everyone who posted up ideas.
TheLargeOne

Post by TheLargeOne »

Mash is vile stuff
The Americans use it a lot in their sauces and is way too salty
ronniedeb
Hot Head
Hot Head

Post by ronniedeb »

TheLargeOne wrote:Mash is vile stuff
The Americans use it a lot in their sauces and is way too salty
Sounds like you had some bad sauce. Mash is used to give sauces that fermented tang. The salt should be diluted in the sauce making.
Chillip

Post by Chillip »

If looking for scotch bonnets in s. London go to wing yip Chinese supermarket. They have boxes next to all the other Asian types