Iguana En Fuego - Costa Rican Habanero Sauce

Anything edible with chilli

Moderators: Kathy, chilliman64, Wilf

scotchnaga85
Seedling
Seedling

Iguana En Fuego - Costa Rican Habanero Sauce

Post by scotchnaga85 »

This beauty I picked up recently at TK Max.

It's pretty darn hot, very fruity, not sweet or salty, goes well with just about anything. I've been using it to brighten up the meals we're served at work, from sarnies to carbonara lol.

It says it's made with Habanero's, but I don't think these Habanero's are the orange type. This is hotter then Chef Bernies extra hot stuff, and he uses around the same percentage of scotch bonnet as this does Habanero.

chilliman64

Re: Iguana En Fuego - Costa Rican Habanero Sauce

Post by chilliman64 »

nice post and pics - what a great looking label!

one of the ingredients is 'pepper oleoresin', that is extract, so that is where your extra heat is coming from.

it looks nice, I don't mind a sauce with a bit of pineapple etc in it, might try to get some, thanks.
scotchnaga85
Seedling
Seedling

Post by scotchnaga85 »

chilliman64 wrote:nice post and pics - what a great looking label!

one of the ingredients is 'pepper oleoresin', that is extract, so that is where your extra heat is coming from.

it looks nice, I don't mind a sauce with a bit of pineapple etc in it, might try to get some, thanks.
I did notice that when I first purchased the bottle, but when I googled it I got something about black pepper so I naturally assumed it had black pepper extract. I just re-googled after reading your post, and looked into it a little further lol. I see it's the stuff used in pepper spray.

Yes the labels are pretty cool looking I think. I bought 2 more today.

The jalapeño has very little heat, the other is a creeper, but not as hot as the first. There is one other but I've not purchased it, and that's just a regular Habanero.
chilliman64

Post by chilliman64 »

oleoresin is powerful magic though sometimes it can ruin the taste of sauce, the fruit/carrots/sugar in these must overcome the 'burnt cat hair' taste
scotchnaga85
Seedling
Seedling

Post by scotchnaga85 »

chilliman64 wrote:oleoresin is powerful magic though sometimes it can ruin the taste of sauce, the fruit/carrots/sugar in these must overcome the 'burnt cat hair' taste
Im unfamiliar with this 'burnt cat hair' taste.