Nandos extra extra hot Peri Peri Sauce

Anything edible with chilli

Moderators: Kathy, chilliman64, Wilf

IanMK

Nandos extra extra hot Peri Peri Sauce

Post by IanMK »

Just picked up a bottle of this at Asda for my morning eggs as they were all out of the Encona sauce and I am sorely disappointed.

Bottle describes it as "Devilishly fiery and not for the fainthearted, specially made for heat seekers." but it has no heat.

The sauce has some flavour but not enough for my few remaining taste buds - With the Encona sauce I get a little burn but quite a fruity flavour, This nando's sauce is lacking in both.

Verdict; Not horrible, but not hot.
rainbowberry

Re: Nandos extra extra hot Peri Peri Sauce

Post by rainbowberry »

Lemon juice springs to mind.
Sir Nose DVoid
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by Sir Nose DVoid »

It makes a very nice Peri-Peri chicken when you blitz a Fatalii into the sauce before you marinade the chicken. I agree on using it as a sauce though. There are many nicer sauces available.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Nice with grilled chicken livers too.

I like to use the Nandos sauces as marinades, rather than the marinades in the bigger bottles which just seem to be watered down versions of the sauce!
cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb »

had the extra extra hot sauce (black bottle?) in one of their restaurants but didn't think it was as hot as the xtra hot sauce in the normal bottle.
yes, rb, lemon juice is a key ingredient of peri-peri sauces.
i know some people decry nando's & encona sauces, but i quite like them as general condiments.
Badger

Post by Badger »

Anyone who does like Nando's sauces (I guess there must be some) might be interested to know Morrisons have got a few different types on offer. Also our Morrisons has been offering that god-awful green Habanero wallpaper paste (sorry - sauce) at half price for weeks now, and strangely enough doesn't seem to have sold any.
mattydeakin

Post by mattydeakin »

its rubbish. Ive sat in Nandos, got my chicken cooked Extra hot and then covered them in Xhot sauce (black bottle) and still havent broken a sweat. You have to remember though, chains like Nando's aren't going to produce something terribly hot.
cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb »

Badger wrote:Morrisons have got a few different types on offer. Also our Morrisons has been offering that god-awful green Habanero wallpaper paste (sorry - sauce) at half price for weeks now, and strangely enough doesn't seem to have sold any.
is that the dilita sauce? worst ever-total sh*t!
still like the nandos sauces once in a while-each to their own.can't eat super-hot all the time! :lol:(especially with mrs. cherrybomb in tow)
rainbowberry

Post by rainbowberry »

That green one's disgusting, it's like the gunk you see on kids TV shows.
mattydeakin

Post by mattydeakin »

Looks like the incredible hulks spunk donation.
Badger

Post by Badger »

cherrybomb wrote:is that the dilita sauce? worst ever-total sh*t!
That's the one! Couldn't remember the name - maybe my brain just wanted to block out the horror. I can't even walk past them now without shuddering. An invention of Satan if ever there was one. Dave's right - don't waste your money. If you get desperate just whap a load of chilli powder in a bottle of ketchup. At least it will be edible.
Badger

Post by Badger »

mattydeakin wrote:Looks like the incredible hulks spunk donation.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one Matty - now I'll laugh every time I see it instead of wanting to chunder!
Godfarter

Post by Godfarter »

The real value of nandos is that it gets people interested in, and talking about chillis.
chilliman64

Post by chilliman64 »

a good sauce for those that get hot flushes from jalapenos or get a sweat from sweet chilli sauce. too much vinegar, too runny, not extra extra hot either. 3/10.
chilliman64

Post by chilliman64 »

Godfarter wrote:The real value of nandos is that it gets people interested in, and talking about chillis.
forgot to mention I agree with you GF, anything that creates chilli-newbies is definitely a good thing, it's so much fun watching them eat habs... hehehe...
Bradley1984

Post by Bradley1984 »

chilliman64 wrote:a good sauce for those that get hot flushes from jalapenos or get a sweat from sweet chilli sauce. too much vinegar, too runny, not extra extra hot either. 3/10.
Me then... :lol:
chilliman64

Post by chilliman64 »

Bradley1984 wrote:
chilliman64 wrote:a good sauce for those that get hot flushes from jalapenos or get a sweat from sweet chilli sauce. too much vinegar, too runny, not extra extra hot either. 3/10.
Me then... :lol:
that made me laugh
Bradley1984

Post by Bradley1984 »

Honestly, I once ate a fresh green chilli from Tesco (ya know the type, no name on or anything) and it blew me head off, had to drink some Kenco Kappio milkshake just to cool it down! Though looking back, chilli then coffee?? Probs made it worse!
chilliman64

Post by chilliman64 »

I'm no legend when it comes to eating hot peppers but I do have a reasonable level of tolerance. but eating pods by themselves destroys me as much as any newbie. I've done the 'eat an orange hab by itself' thing a few times and always regret it. I prefer my pods to be combined with food. I do remember eating a green salad my wife made sometime ago with my homegrown green capsicums sliced up in it. unfortunately for our dinner guests she had chopped up green habs and burnt the devil out of everyone. that was hilarious.
Bradley1984

Post by Bradley1984 »

Lol still friends with them???
chilliman64

Post by chilliman64 »

sort of
Bradley1984

Post by Bradley1984 »

lol we'll leave it there then... :oops:
Chilli

Post by Chilli »

I've quite liked the taste of this when i've had it. GF bought it for me.

But as said its civilian "very hot" not military grade "very hot" :lol:

GF thought it was hot :lol: but she hasn't been 'conditioned' yet to the way of the chile - im working on it!
endorphine
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by endorphine »

man this stuff is rubbish! it is their with encona! has a real twang to it from the vinegar and does not pack much in the way of heat. also it has quite a watery consistency. Don't rate the Nando's stuff at all but that is just me, each to their own. I am addidcted to CPP headhunter naga sauce at the mo, real nice flavour! 8) :P
eeyore
Seedling
Seedling

Post by eeyore »

I don't mind them, i quite like the odd perri perri chicken and really like the garlic and herb one...
I'll agree tho the xtra hot one aint that hot :lol: