Naga Jolokia PC-1

What's worth growing or not!

Moderators: Kathy, chilliman64, Wilf

Paul79
Hot Head
Hot Head

Naga Jolokia PC-1

Post by Paul79 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:58 pm

This is the Naga Jolokia PC-1 I believe. Again this pod was supplied by Lee aka Flecam

As you can see it's a Thin pod and although I don't have a picture of the inside, you'll have to take my word for it when I say it was absolutely loaded with seed inside.

(Shoddy camera work again, apologies)

So for this it was a case of de-stalking and munch.

Very very seedy pod, geez haha. A little hint of sweetness at first but then the Flavour was ok, not the greatest, hint of bitterness in there but the sweet initial burst dissipated quickly. I think this could have been a great little pepper if that initial taste would have hung around longer.

Initially made me cough a couple of times, heat started after about 30 seconds, it was a creeper rather than an in your face kind of heat. Started at the back of the throat which wasn't the most pleasant of burns. That initial blast at the back of the throat caught me unaware, not sure if that's standard for this pod, but there you go.

After the initial throat attack, it was then all front of tongue, no tears till about the 2 min mark, half a glass of milk after about 7-8 mins was enough for this pod. Heat continued to rise till about the 10 min mark and then peaked I felt, good level of heat on the front of tongue without it being unpleasant or too much. Tears carried on for a min or two, nothing over the top, just a few tears.

I'm not sure what the heat level are on these but it was less than a Habanero definitely for me, flavour wasn't anything to write home about, I'm fairly sure it could be useful in cooking and maybe dried if it's a good producer.