What's worth growing or not!

Moderators: Kathy, chilliman64, Wilf

Paul79
Hot Head
Hot Head

Thai Orange Hot (Annuum)

Post by Paul79 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Thai Orange Hot

This is the last of the pods sent to me by Bullgoose (David). I received 3 pods in total, one was used in a pasta dish last night, one with rice tonight leaving just one left to review.

Quite a difficult pod to cut in half but I just about managed it and seeds are drying as we speak.

After removing as many seeds as possible, I popped the pod in and began to chew it up. Hardly any juice with this and not much sweetness but it does have a great taste. It's difficult to describe the taste as I can't quite nail it down taste wise, it's got a fruitiness to it but I don't think that quite covers the taste, there is a distinct flavour to it but whatever it was, it was nice.

The heat is typically annuum, punchy and aggressive all over tongue burn. It didn't get hot enough to cause any discomfort, tears or sweating. While not causing too much discomfort I wouldn't put it in the family friendly category because it does give the tongue a fairly good burn.

As I've already used these in cooking, I'd definitely recommend them for that. I also think it would be good for powders but you'd need quite a few pods to get anything substantial.