I bought more crap from China :D

Growing, lighting & nutrients etc

Moderators: Wilf, Ben123, Kathy, chilliman64

horsebones
Hot Head
Hot Head

I bought more crap from China :D

Post by horsebones » Tue May 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Disclaimer, I really don't recommend buying any of these cheap brands. I'm just curious to see what bottom dollar get's you.

So I came across this for 28€ (about £24,25) while I was searching for a replacement for another Chinese LED that lasted about a year. It's probably running at about 50W, but I haven't tested it.

Packaging and accessories

The instructions said to use it 50cm to 1.5m distance from the plant, but I've got mine running about 20cm from the new growth. This is the point the heat drops off.

Recommended continuous working time 10-16 hours.

Recommended for indoor use only (probably has issues with humidity).

Upon inspection, I noticed the diodes were pretty mucky! I decided to take it apart and try and clean them up. With a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol, I managed to get most of it off. There was some residue that was too stubborn, but I didn't want to start using anything too abrasive, so I left it on.

Driver details

Heat sink (or lack of one :lol:)

How it looks turned on (Note, it will screw with your eyes! Best not have it in a living space)

Note, this is the first day using it. Those plants were not grown with this light. I'll probably be taking them outside in a week or two, so I won't test this properly until the winter (perhaps that's why a lot of lights seem to be discounted at the moment).

I hope this post was interesting to someone.