Greenhouse going up

Growing, lighting & nutrients etc

Moderators: chilliman64, Kathy, Wilf

Stan

Greenhouse going up

Post by Stan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:01 pm

The builders eventually arrived today to start building my greenhouse. They needn't have rushed. http://www.greenhousesdirect.co.uk decided not to tell me there were parts missing from the delivery and that makes the greenhouse useless until the missing parts arrive next weekend. I would have preferred to have waited the full five weeks until every part was present instead of having the delivery driver, with the worst attitude on earth, inform me that three pieces of glass were missing but they would be here 'this week'. Turns out it's rather more than glass that is missing. Two days after delivery and still no forthcoming notification from http://www.greenhousesdirect.co.uk that the parts were missing I emailed them to find out what was going on. Transpires that the louvre frames and everything that goes with them are missing and they wont be with me until next weekend - you know how easily I found builders to do the work in the first instance. I expected my greenhouse to be up and running with the plants all moved out there but that would be too simple, wouldn't it. For want of an email or a call to tell me what was going on I am another £200 for the builders to come out and fit the missing parts next weekend because there is no way I can do it. It looks like this greenhouse will be a beast of a building which is what I needed for my location but it's turning out to be rather more fraught with unnecessary hold-ups than should have happened. I had a good mind to turn the delivery away until all was right but that would probably have incurred additional expense in getting it back up here. At least it's going up but to say I'm furious with http://www.greenhousesdirect.co.uk is an understatement. They have not indicated it could be earlier that the missing parts may arrive so I'm not holding out any hope for that to happen. I doubt I will get any satisfaction with being reimbursed the cost of the builders having to come back but I will never deal with this company again. Did they think they were doing me a favour? They were made fully aware of my circumstances from the start. I don't think they thought at all except about themselves. Customer service? Does not exist in this case, so far. Anyway, here are some pics to whet your appetites. Personally, I've lost my mine.

ronniedeb
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Re: Greenhouse going up

Post by ronniedeb » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Hey. Shame about the delay. Don't worry. When all the building and waiting is finished you will be delighted with your greenhouse, forget the stressful holdups ever happened, and will have an amazing future of chilli growing. :P

nagaz
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by nagaz » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Sorry about the greenhouse, you should have strong words with the company. I hate it when companies do these things. Last year when we had our patio,deck and fences done, we were promised that the materials would be here at 9am. So the builder turned up at 8.45, 9 nothing 10 nothing , rang 10.30. Oh it's on it's way. Eventually got here at 2pm and the builder sat around for most of the day getting paid for nothing.

Stan

Post by Stan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:27 pm

I would expect this sort of thing from B&Q but when you pay a company over two grand you expect a lot better. It's just damned stupid. Oh well, I have no option but to wait now.
Last edited by Stan on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexfeetham

Post by Alexfeetham » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:51 pm

The sucks that they didn't get everything to you at the same time. As you said with such an expensive product you would expect them to get the delivery right, but i'm sure it'll be great once you've got it fully up. :mrgreen:

Stan

Post by Stan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:05 am

Yep, it'll all be fine once it's up and stocked up it's just little things like this that get on my preverbials lol.

cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:55 pm

feckin' ridiculous Stan! these guys should've been prepared for the coin you're paying-no excuses! i really hate it when folk like these bugger up on promised service.hopefully the gh will be up & running as soon as & good luck for a mega crop this season!

Stan

Post by Stan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:18 am

Cheers! I took my frustration out by building one of the staging I bought. Luckily I have a brain because there was absolutely no instructions on how to do it. It's just typical that my experience with them has been crap but they are going to pay the extra that I've had to pay for. Idiots.