300w blue cfl light & canopy first thoughts review.

Growing, lighting & nutrients etc

Moderators: chilliman64, Ben123, Kathy, Wilf

Mark H
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

300w blue cfl light & canopy first thoughts review.

Post by Mark H » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi folks my growlight arrived this morning so i thought i'd give you all a first thoughts rundown.

It is a 300w blue 6400k cfl hydroponic eco grow light & reflector which i purchased from Amazon (cost £54.95)

The light arrived safely, well packaged with lots of foam and packing chips. It was very simple to assemble,just screw the bulb into reflector, plug it in and away you go. There is no on/off switch so it will have to be turned on/off at the wall, thats no big issue for me really though.

There are two fixings on the top of reflector for hooking up to hanging chains (although i'm more likely to make a light box for mine)

Turning on the light....its very bright as you'd expect from a 300w bulb like this, although its mid morning atm & i'm in an already bright conservatory, i'll get a better idea of the brightness at night time.

Is it a good purchase? Time will tell i guess.

I cant give any performance reviews as i have no seedlings yet lol, i'll do a follow up review once i have some germinated.

Slyboy
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Re: 300w blue cfl light & canopy first thoughts review.

Post by Slyboy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Looks identical to the one I got off eBay last year. I also had very good results from it, so you may want to check out my grow log from then.

Only issue I had with it was this year when I very carefully unwrapped the bulb from storage I had been keeping it in, plugged it in and poof - bulb blown! Hence I now need to get another one, which I am waiting until I get paid for since they are about £30 each!

Mark H
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by Mark H » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:23 pm

@Slyboy - It does look the same as your light mate & its nice to know you had good results from it.
I've just had a good read through of your 2012 log. Wow considering we had such poor weather last year you did really well and had some lovely looking plants & chillis using growlights. If i can do half as well this year i'll be well happy.

Btw - Which lightbulb did you buy? Blue, red or dual?

Slyboy
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by Slyboy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Cheers, you can tell I was very pleased with it. I went for the blue bulb like you. I hope you have as much success as I did.