Quadgrow Slims

Growing, lighting & nutrients etc

Moderators: chilliman64, Ben123, Kathy, Wilf

Mark H
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Quadgrow Slims

Post by Mark H » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:36 pm

My two Quadgrows arrived yesterday and i'm pretty excited about getting them set up and getting the plants in today.

My biggest quandary is which plants to give the eight places to lol. I have 30 varieties and about 60+ plants to choose from. I guess it would make sense to put either good croppers or my favourite plants in there. Lemon Drop gets a place, so does Fatalii and Paper Lantern. I might have to pick straws out of the hat for the other 5 spots. Any reccomendations? My chilli list is on P1 of my growlog.

For potting up i'm going to go with John Innes No.2, Perlite, Vermiculite mix which is what i've used so far with my pot plants.

The one thing i'm undecided about though is whether to keep them on Chilli Focus which is the feed they have been getting up until now, or whether to start feeding them the nutrients provided with the Quadgrow kit.

Any advice or tips from you guys that have used them before would be appreciated.

Cheers Mark.

TheOzricle
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Re: Quadgrow Slims

Post by TheOzricle » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Not used the quadgrows YET! But I would just follow the instructions with the quadgrow. Top water till the roots take. Then use the nutes which came with the kit.

Slyboy
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by Slyboy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi Mark

I'd recommend putting the plant you want big crops from in the remaining spaces. I did really well with orange hab, yellow fatalii, ring of fire and paper lantern in mine last year. Have a look at my 2012 grow log an you will see how I set it up. My first mistake was to put the plants in when they were a bit too small.

As ozricle says, follow the instructions so remember to wet the wick before putting in your soil mix and plants. I always use John Innes no. 2 and perlite and vermiculite. It works for me. Then put on the quad grow but don't put anything in the reservoir until the top of the soil has dried a little. For me I waited 3 days (I was impatient!!). Then fill the res with the mix if GS A & B nutes following their strength guidelines. From memory this is 30ml of A and 30ml of B to 10 litres of water. For my quad grow slims these took 30 litres.

Then top water for the first few weeks until the roots have got to the wick and that is it. The plants will take off and all you have to do is top up the res every month.

Let us know how you get on.

David

Mark H
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by Mark H » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Cheers for the advice guys.

I have set the first one up, planted a Scotch Bonnet, Orange hab, Lemon Drop, and a Paper Lantern. in that order so that i get a nice array of colours. just sit back and watch it grow now i guess. Some more sunshine would be nice.