Greenhouse shading

Growing, lighting & nutrients etc

Moderators: chilliman64, Ben123, Kathy, Wilf

TheOzricle
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Greenhouse shading

Post by TheOzricle » Thu May 23, 2013 7:35 pm

With the greenhouse almost finished(I think tomorrow is the day) I presume shading is going to be a good idea to get the plants used to direct sunlight. Can I have a few experiences of what people have used and what would be easiest. I have been looking at the paint on stuff. Is it as easy to remove as the manufacturers say. Or is it pain to remove. I also have a large roll of bubble wrap I acquired which could be an option I guess. What is everyone used to?

phillyb86
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Re: Greenhouse shading

Post by phillyb86 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:34 pm

I'm sure nick uses the paint on stuff. Maybe he can help you. Mine were brought up on a sunny window sill so have been fine

TheLargeOne

Post by TheLargeOne » Thu May 23, 2013 10:09 pm

I used bubble wrap
When it's finished roll it up ready for next year 8)

gaz1823

Post by gaz1823 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:20 pm

id imagine a diluted (more than recommended) paint on stuff would be good, with it being diluted it just just ccoome off with a good scrub,failing that a fish tank scraper would do the trick on subburn bits....

OutsideIn

Post by OutsideIn » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:08 am

I got some green mesh for my dad's greenhouse last year to provide a bit of shade. Thankfully it stops bullets too.

gritty
Hot Head
Hot Head

Post by gritty » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:10 am

I find the day you apply the paint on stuff, the sun goes in and doesn't re-appear! I use netting on a roller so I can pull it down the odd time the sun comes out.