Bio Green Jumbo Propagator

Growing, lighting & nutrients etc

Moderators: Kathy, chilliman64, Wilf

Douglah

Post by Douglah » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Can't really fault it for what it is. The thermostat heater is spot on and reliable. Plenty or room. Plenty of adjustments. Can pack away to bare bones. Decent size. I use mine in the spare room but would be happy to use in green house too. Holds 32-35oc even on coldest of days.

Chilli Keith
Hot Head
Hot Head

Re: Bio Green Jumbo Propagator

Post by Chilli Keith » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:32 pm

We have 3 of these and one of them worked really well for germinating 500 chilli seedlings - now being potted up and transferred to a Vitopod.

The Bio Green will probably produce hardier plants than the Vitopod in our case as the biogreen does allow large fluctuations in temperate - occasionally down to 10 degrees on a frosty night - not that the plants have minded at all with very close to a 100% germination rate with all of our chinense seeds.
nb. we may have different heat pads as they were second hand when we bought them.

The only down-side I have with these is that I have had to balance mine on 6 massive plant trays to catch condensation as it runs down the sides on to whatever surface it is standing on. Not much of a complaint as I am very happy with our plants :)

Douglah

Re: Bio Green Jumbo Propagator

Post by Douglah » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:06 pm

I have mine sitting on base of grow room and use the cappilliary matting so no probs. I like the look of the vito pod especially if I had room outside. I intend to leave cap may in grow room with pots on it and just take off the poly canopy once seedlings take.