Quadgrow and Chillgrow users question please...

Grow lights, Grow tents, Heating, Propagators etc...

Moderators: chilliman64, Wilf, Kathy

Daytrader
Hot Head
Hot Head

Re: Quadgrow and Chillgrow users question please...

Post by Daytrader »

I am going to top water mine for a week i think, maybe two weeks, then start adding to reservoir, one of my new quadgrows has a hairline crack and is leaking from the connector/joint, so will phone gardensensations tomorrow, they only arrived thursday, i guess because of 2 year guarantee i should get replacement ok.
Last edited by Daytrader on Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phillyb86
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by phillyb86 »

You should do yeah. I'm a bit unsure of the new quads. Think I prefer my old ones. Don't know what the science behind making them 2 separate parts with a connector like

Daytrader
Hot Head
Hot Head

Post by Daytrader »

Yeh, i dont get the new quads, i mean i cant see the new version having any advantages ?, what would have been good thou is, if they supplied like connector blockoffs, so then you could at least be able to move them around as 2 duo's.

Daytrader
Hot Head
Hot Head

Post by Daytrader »

My plants been in my quadgrow/chillgrow for 9 days now, my 3 tomato plants seem to be growing, but my chillis dont seem to have grown ? my multi compost has feed for like 4 weeks it says on the packet, i am only watering from the top on all plants so far, what would happen if i start using the reservoirs with the supplied nutes in water now ? even thou compost is supposed to have 4 weeks feed included, so my question is, does it do harm feeding with the nutes from reservoir water, if compost still has feed in it ? thx

phillyb86
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by phillyb86 »

With nutrigrow (if that's what your using) then use at half strength. Wait until the tops of the soil is dry before adding anything to the res or you will risk water logging the plants. 9 days in is still pretty early though. Plants when potted up will spend a bit of time putting out new roots so this is where alot if the action will currently be happening.

Daytrader
Hot Head
Hot Head

Post by Daytrader »

OK, thx for reply, think i may just wait another week, then start with half strength, yes i will be using nutrigro.

Mitzi
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by Mitzi »

Depending on the weather in your part of the country, the cold and lack of sun might also be contributing to the lack of growth. My plants outside & in greenhouse are all just sitting there eyeing me balefully and whispering "We're tropical plants, you know" accusingly at me.

But yes, it's normal that when potted up into bigger pots, chilli plants spend a couple of weeks exploring their new compost with their roots and only start to produce top growth after that.

Daytrader
Hot Head
Hot Head

Post by Daytrader »

Yeh, weather dull and no sun this week down here near Bath, my tomatoes seem to be moving well now thou.

Daytrader
Hot Head
Hot Head

Post by Daytrader »

Right, i have just filled my chillgrow/quadgrow for the first time, 2 weeks after planting up, i know it said wait few days to a week until top of compost is dry, well my plants were small so i watered abit form the top(some are still small), anyway, so the reservoirs are all filled up, so my question is, do i also have to water from the top, i dont think im meant to ? but obviously the top inch of compost is dry now, is it meant to be kept this way ? thx

phillyb86
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by phillyb86 »

You shouldn't need to as the wick will wick the water up to he roots. If you start watering from top you risk over watering. Have faith in the wick doing its job

Daytrader
Hot Head
Hot Head

Post by Daytrader »

Yeh, i think i have to be patient and trust the wick :)

phillyb86
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by phillyb86 »

Chilli growing does test thy patience

Daytrader
Hot Head
Hot Head

Post by Daytrader »

Thx for all the help so far guys, i started a late grow log here viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17187&p=207700#p207700