ChilliWizards - Ghost Pepper Naga Jolokia Chilli Mash

Anything edible with chilli

Moderators: Kathy, Wilf, chilliman64

craig

ChilliWizards - Ghost Pepper Naga Jolokia Chilli Mash

Post by craig »

A while ago I was looking for a high heat, low cost sauce. After a bit of research and some help from users on this forum I decided that this was the best available in the UK. I sent off an order and promised to come back and write a review when I had chance to try it out.

Price - They deliver for free to the UK via their eBay store and charge £12.49 for 1 litre.

Ingredients - It's very pure. It contains a bit of vinegar, a bit of salt and the chilli.

Flavour - It's as you'd expect, it tastes of Naga Jolokia chillis. Slightly sweet and smoky with a deep thorough heat that you can enjoy for hours after you've eaten. It's strong enough that you're not going to be using enough of it for the salt and vinegar to be a problem, unlike with other sauces.

Storage - I've had 2 orders from them by now. The first batch I seperated into 3 jars and kept them in the fridge. They each kept well for a good few. I was concerned it might have lost heat over time, but after getting through half of a fresh litre in a couple of weeks, it looks like the apparent loss of heat was just due to increased tolerance. For the second batch, they've moved to a narrower bottle and I'm confident that it'll last at least a month in the fridge without any issues.

Value - Excellent. For a similar price to the hottest sauces available, you get a whole litre instead of those little 100 ml bottles and with none of the additives or extracts.

As a word of caution, if you're new to hot chillis, don't be tempted to try a spoonful of this neat. If you ignore this warning, then don't do it on an empty stomach. As with all chillis, the heat in the mouth fades after 5-10 mins, but there's not a whole lot you can do apart from wait as the heat passes through your digestive system.

I hope this helps someone who might have similar requirements.

If anyone knows of a more cost effective way to buy this sort of heat, then I'll be interested in hearing from you.
simon04
Seedling
Seedling

Re: ChilliWizards - Ghost Pepper Naga Jolokia Chilli Mash

Post by simon04 »

Great to read the info. I've seen those pepper mashes for sale on eBay, and often wondered what they are like.

I'd be interested in the usage, aside from using neat as a sauce.