Tabasco Mild Jalapeno

Anything edible with chilli

Moderators: Kathy, Wilf, chilliman64

Flamethrower
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Tabasco Mild Jalapeno

Post by Flamethrower »

Regarding the original Tabasco seen a few not entirely complimentary comments from the chilli world on it - I actually like it; simple ingredients and a relatively uncomplex flavour - no onion or garlic (not always keen on) etc This in my opinion makes it good and adaptable in lots of settings adding a little sharpness and moderate heat; good with falafels, egg and cheese on toast, houmous, a host of 'normal' things; doesn't add too much distorting charcter.

Anyhow Lidl have the original and this in whilst stocks last for £1.19; I wonder if it's too mild for me but ok for a quid I will try...

The bottle is green, the sauce as far as I can see is fairly palid. Again very simple ingredients; has a little maize startch and Xanthan gum over the original and is a little thicker. Quite nice, obviously not very hot at all (probably my mum would find this perfect) but the extra body is nice and I like the additional green chlorophyllic complexity of the Jalapenos.

I'll probably stick with original in most settings just for the extra kick but always nice to try something else.
Flamethrower
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Re: Tabasco Mild Jalapeno

Post by Flamethrower »

This is really good as a salad dressing - getting through it very quick so quite expensive as a mild sauce with a subtle flavour - but got a new sauce that might be just right for my needs so another reviewing coming...
Leif
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by Leif »

This is nice, but too mild so it works out rather expensive.
Flamethrower
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by Flamethrower »

Yeah I came to that conclusion!