Many, many moons since I last was here.

Growing plants using nutrient solutions, without soil.

Moderators: chilliman64, Ben123, Kathy, Wilf

experiment
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Many, many moons since I last was here.

Post by experiment » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:54 pm

It has been a while, so long that I cannot remember how to post up pics, but I shall work on that. :shock: :?:
Anyway, I have found a wardrobe, some white paint, some old hydro stuff that appears still to work so guess what i am geting up to then. :mrgreen: :lol:
Got some seeds that someone from this site sent to me a few years ago (sorry cannot remember who but thanks anyway), will see what germinates, some will be viable still.
Just seen the price for hydro nutes :shock: :shock: :shock: , just as well there is still loads of bags of various lovely chemicals to make my own :lol: :lol: :lol: . I just got to remember how to work out the combinations :!:

Is Misty still about :?: , I would like to have a nice long chat with him about going aero.
Dave.

snagglepuss
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Re: Many, many moons since I last was here.

Post by snagglepuss » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:59 pm

glad your back dave, hope your doing ok.

experiment
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by experiment » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:09 pm

Gary, hello mate, how ya doing? Me is still alive.

snagglepuss
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by snagglepuss » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:32 pm

i'm doing good thanks, is hulk still alive?

experiment
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by experiment » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:59 pm

snagglepuss wrote:i'm doing good thanks, is hulk still alive?
I lost the 'original' Hulk when I was in hospital, dried out before I got out :cry: :cry: :cry: but I did manage to get a cutting to root that is still alive but it is in soil. I have just managed to get another 2 cuttings to root in soil, to have as spares just in case. If you need a rooted clone of Hulk, just let me know. I am planning to try and get another hydro hulk, I shall take cuttings tomorrow and try to get them to root for hydro, I shall take a few for you, the plant is not yet flowering and still in the grow phase due to lack of daylight so should be able to get a few cuttings to root easy enough. I hope it will react kindly to indoor lights and explode in growth once I get lights fired up.

Could a mod please move this to my grow log please, sorry for posting in the wrong section :oops: .

Dave.

snagglepuss
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by snagglepuss » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:02 pm

experiment wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:i'm doing good thanks, is hulk still alive?
I lost the 'original' Hulk when I was in hospital, dried out before I got out :cry: :cry: :cry: but I did manage to get a cutting to root that is still alive but it is in soil. I have just managed to get another 2 cuttings to root in soil, to have as spares just in case. If you need a rooted clone of Hulk, just let me know. I am planning to try and get another hydro hulk, I shall take cuttings tomorrow and try to get them to root for hydro, I shall take a few for you, the plant is not yet flowering and still in the grow phase due to lack of daylight so should be able to get a few cuttings to root easy enough. I hope it will react kindly to indoor lights and explode in growth once I get lights fired up.

Could a mod please move this to my grow log please, sorry for posting in the wrong section :oops: .

Dave.
cheers would love a rooted clone, those pods from hulk where top notch.

experiment
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by experiment » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:11 pm

Will get them cut off the plant tomorrow, will root them in water so you you can choose soil or hydro or I can send you one of the rooted cluttings in soil start of next week if you want. I will need your addy again, not sure if you have my email addy still.
Dave.

ChilliJez
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by ChilliJez » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:46 pm

experiment wrote:Will get them cut off the plant tomorrow, will root them in water so you you can choose soil or hydro or I can send you one of the rooted cluttings in soil start of next week if you want. I will need your addy again, not sure if you have my email addy still.
Dave.
Dave, Gary, as and when I'd love a cutting too. Great plant.

experiment
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by experiment » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:51 pm

ChilliJez wrote:
experiment wrote:Will get them cut off the plant tomorrow, will root them in water so you you can choose soil or hydro or I can send you one of the rooted cluttings in soil start of next week if you want. I will need your addy again, not sure if you have my email addy still.
Dave.
Dave, Gary, as and when I'd love a cutting too. Great plant.
Will take a few cuttings tomorrow for you, will take about a month or so to get them to root before I can post them out though.
Dave.

Heefy
Chilli Guru
Chilli Guru

Post by Heefy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:18 am

Hello mate. Welcome back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chilliman64

Post by chilliman64 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:34 pm

you previous user name was Experiment also? I remember you Dave, welcome back!

here's an old thread of yours
http://chillisgalore.co.uk/phpBB3/viewt ... ct#p101351

experiment
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by experiment » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:50 pm

chilliman64 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:34 pm
you previous user name was Experiment also? I remember you Dave, welcome back!

here's an old thread of yours
http://chillisgalore.co.uk/phpBB3/viewt ... ct#p101351
Cheers Chilliman64, is good to be back.
OMG, I made too many spelling mistakes there, :mrgreen: , that was a blast from the past. Yep, that was me, a few years ago now.
I would still go about it the same way, do it outside, with a water wash of the extract. Please wear goggles, naga extract WILL hurt the eyes :mrgreen: :lol: :shock: Please remember to leave the joint in the ashtray in a house in another street and leave the bhong there also :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . No sparks, no naked flames, and NEVER DO INSIDE, the idea is to get the solvent, in this case butane, out of the collection vessel. Outside with a light wind does this better than a fan near a window indoors. Keep away from BBQ's too, at least 150 feet from any possible naked flames at least.

I would love to hear about anyone who has managed to bhong a naga extract :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: , did they give up smoking after it :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Seriously, please be careful and have a clear head and think about it carefully before using Butane (C4H10) to extract anything :!: :!: :!:
Of all the sovents that can be used, butane gives the best result as it can be easily purged out with a hot water extract wash. It is less toxic than other non poloar solvents like Benzene, Chloroform, ethers (NEVER USE THEM FOR THIS OK!!). Ethanol and other alcohols take the polar stuff like chlorophyll and some ionic salts from the pods, use only Ethanol (drinking alcohol) for safety as it is non poisonous unlike Isopropol or Methanol which are poisonous. Hexane (C6H14) is similar to butane but not as easy to purge out, butane is a gas at room temps, hexane is a liquid, so easier to purge butane.

I thought I better mention about the safety aspect about butane after that house explosion in England where they where extracting 'commercial' amounts of weed with loads and loads of butane (turned out to be hundreds of cans used then someone turned a kettle on :shock: . A simple thing like that can cause disaster, NEVER INSIDE OK!
Dave.