Numex twilight

What's worth growing or not!

Moderators: Kathy, chilliman64, Wilf

Flamethrower
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Numex twilight

Post by Flamethrower »

These are to a large degree an ornamental and heard a review of rather so so chillies hot but almost salty so was not expecting too much.

Nice easy plant of small stature and certainly ornamental - mine had a wide dome upright very numerous chillies going from warm shade of purple to pale yellow to orange to red - twilight or sunset tones indeed.

Taste test - fairly thin flesh and possibly just a little leathery, somewhat seedy so nothing outstanding there - flavour not sure I’d call it salty - more sharp. Seems pretty darn hot but Capsicum bitterness which I like in annums notable by it’s relative absence so as fully expected edible but in large part ornamental - these will work fine if you just want to add some heat to a dish and might be good for drying to make make better than commercial chilli powder (freezing more tastey chillies for use fresh out of season)
Chilli trucker
Seedling
Seedling

Re: Numex twilight

Post by Chilli trucker »

When I grew these they went a way larger than what I was expecting and also they did not have a mixed colour with the fruits as I thought they should be. My sister has them now and still growing exactly the same going from green to red. No orange, purples or yellow coloured fruit.
Flamethrower
Chilli Head
Chilli Head

Post by Flamethrower »

Wonder if you got sold the right plant/seed - that's the standard description unless you have some abnormal plant from the correct genetics
Chilli trucker
Seedling
Seedling

Post by Chilli trucker »

Really not sure as to where I bought them from, as it was last year (the very first year I started chilli growing) that I grew these. I tend to go to more established seed sellers now